Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tie those menus with RIBBON


The Ribbon interface was introduced by Mĭĉŗőşfŧ in office 2007 at that time it was subject to critisism. It is five years from them the situtaion have now changed people actually got used with the ribbon style menu and in my humble opinion its now quite intuitve and easy to learn for newbies all the editing, inserting, formating options on the ribbon. One day I asked a person what did he thinks about office 2003 and 2007 he replied " office 2003 is good and so is 2007 but in 2007 i can easily get over the menus" I asked again "what if I gave u an office application that has more features and is less resource hog but have the same old hang down menus?" he frankly said "no''.

What I feel is Libreoffice, Abiword is far better than 2007 but where it lacks is the intutivness the old hangdown menu is simple and works for the people who are used with it but the people who use office for light and casual work will find the ribbon better

So, this is my humble request to The Document Foundation to continue devlopment of libre office as it is and side by side also devlop ribbon like thinge and tie those menus.

No comments: